Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Double Knocks and Nothing More


I like to follow the search for the Ivory Billed Woodpecker. My interest piqued when I attended a lecture on it at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History.

At the moment, the only clear evidence for this bird are the recordings of its distinctive double knocks. But sadly, no clear photographs or video coverage exist to prove its existence beyond doubt.

I sincerely hope that one day, evidence to show that it did not go extinct will surface. Until then, I, like a lot of people, will be cautiously optimistic of its survival.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miz Minka said...

I remember the first time I heard about the plight of the I.B.W., it made me so sad!!! I'm with you, I hope it did not go extinct -- and that the unconfirmed sightings are not just tales of wishful thinking, like the Yeti, Big Foot, or the Loch Ness Monster.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 10:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page