Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday Cat Blogging



Last Saturday I attended a fundraiser for my favorite animal rescue organization: Rainbow Connection Animal Foundation. For many reasons, they are my favorite.

One of the members of the organization brought with her these three day old kittens. Yes, THREE day old. It was the first time in my life I got to see kittens so very young. So young in fact that their umbilical cords are still attached. She brought them with her to the organization event because she could not leave them at home since they needed to be fed every two hours.

The story is that apparently someone just dumped these kittens in a blender box and put them on a tree lawn to bake in the heat and die. Fortunately for them, someone was kind enough to rescue them. Sadly, there were five in the litter. One passed away prior to the four that came to the fundraiser and pictured in the photo above. Sadly, three more have passed away since the fundraiser. Now there is only one left from the litter. I think that all the heat that they suffered initially was too much for their poor little bodies.

I am very angered beyond words that someone would do this to these creatures that are so capable of love, affection, and the desire to live like anything and anyone else in the world. They too, deserve the chance to live.

I must say that this is a post reflecting my somber mood. But I make no apologies considering my feelings on the matter and what someone has tried to do to these poor living and feeling creatures.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I hope the one remaining one pulls through.

I rescued some kitties and (also dogs) who ended up living long happy lives, thank goodness. Hopet he last one lives and is loved and I'm sorry about the ones that didn't make it. And the terrible peson who did that.

Does whoever has them know to rub their genitalia with a tissue and not to feed them cow milk?

Friday, August 04, 2006 8:09:00 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

You are a kind, sensitive person. Good for you.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 8:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page