Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Sometimes the sun comes out.

I have to confess that for quite sometime I have been feeling like I have a perpetual rain cloud over my head. So many things from experiments not working, weird data, not being able to reproduce my own data, and other sundry things in my life. Overall, feeling like nothing is working in my life and that I will never get my Ph.D.

Yesterday I received a very nice and unsolicited compliment regarding my teaching abilities. I was told that I have a real gift for teaching. Considering that I am seriously contemplating going into teaching after my degree, this compliment meant a great deal to me.

Also, it would seem that this catalytic reduction I have been working on in the lab is finally starting to work. Finally.

So, it would seem that sometimes the sun does indeed come back out.

Right now, I am going to enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

yay! I'm glad things are going well right now :)

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

It's great to get positive feedback and I am sure you DESERVE it! Mary

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page