Thursday, November 15, 2007

Professional Growth

My seminar talk is finally over. I have to confess that it took a lot out of me mentally and physically. It is not easy talking to a room full of people who know a heck of a lot more than you do.

Yet, somehow, I created an impression. A very good one. My seminar talk is now the talk of the department and numerous people have come up to me to tell me what a great talk I gave. I cherish the compliments that tell me how I made chemistry and kinetics easy and understandable. My talk even came up in a staff meeting and even in another talk.

It makes me feel like maybe, just maybe I have come a long way from the quiet girl struggling to excel in the path of science.

And yes, I am glad I put forth the effort and time I did for this talk. It certainly has paid off--for me at least.

But one thing I will note from my feedback is that while giving a seminar talk is not the time to compose novel word combinations in the English language. Being bilingual can at be a disadvantage when distracted with nervous energy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only imagine!
Best wishes

Friday, November 16, 2007 2:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page