Friday, September 19, 2008

More Friday Cat Blogging

Fostering two kittens has been an adventure. I had forgotten what it is like having kittens.

Here are some things I have discovered over the past week:

1. I found an entire stash of socks under my bed. Most likely culprit is Gumdrop.
2. The majority of cat toys have been shredded and chewed into pieces. Yes, cat toys are not meant to last forever and I periodically replace them. However, it looks as though there has been a simultaneous detonation of them.
3. Kittens go through a teething period like baby humans. Therefore, the kittens are fond of chewing on things—mostly my fingers and toes when I am trying to sleep.
4. Kittens like to exercise and work on their climbing abilities—especially on my legs.

6 Comments:

Blogger Miz Minka said...

Oh, how sweet!!! Chewing and clawing and climbing and all. You're so lucky! :)

Friday, September 19, 2008 12:52:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh? Would Miz Minka like to come over and share in the fun? Methinks I should not be the only one having all this fun!

Friday, September 19, 2008 2:51:00 PM  
Blogger Miz Minka said...

I'm so there! Knocking on your door now! ;)

Friday, September 19, 2008 3:01:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

If Miz Minka comes over and shares in the kitten responsiblities, I will have Dobos Torta waiting for you!

Monday, September 22, 2008 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Miz Minka said...

...chocolate buttercream... *sigh* (Do you actually know how to make Dobos Torta yourself???)

Such temptation might call for a road trip (I've never been to Ohio). I'll even bring a litter scoop to help with kitty box duties, and will duly present my arms and legs to be chewed and clawed, respectively. ;)

Monday, September 22, 2008 1:22:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Yes, I have made Dobos Torta. Although I have not made it in a while. I have always skipped the caramelized top though because just did not feel like going through the trouble of making it since my palate is just so-so regarding the toping. But in theory, I know how to make the top. Sometimes you have to ruin few tops to get it right. Of course, the ruined tops are fun to eat.

Should the temptation ever materialize, I would certainly have Dobos Torta waiting for you along with the litter scoop! :-) The kittens would certainly enjoy another person to chew, claw, and climb!

Monday, September 22, 2008 3:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page