Monday, September 15, 2008

Musical Monday

Metal meets Orchestra

Dr. D. seems to be expanding my musical horizons. He has introduced me to the music of Yngwie Johann Malmsteen. Although I am not a fan of metal (I am a simple baroque girl myself), I am just wowed by Malmsteen. His own composition of Icarus Dream Fanfare from Concerto Suite for Electric Guitar and Orchestra in E Flat Minor Op. 1 is just simply amazing. His playing is flawless, precise, and clean. He is just amazing. Incredible musician and composer.

Dr. D. himself got to meet Malmsteen and have his guitar signed by him (which Dr. D. was kind enough to show me and play for me).

Note the scalloped fingerboard of the guitar. It is a favorite of Malmsteen. Interestingly enough, Malmsteen is also a great lover of baroque music and his compositions are heavily influenced by baroque music.

Who would have thought I would enjoy metal with orchestra? I also like his "baroque-esque" shirt and jacket. Nice touch.

Icarus Dream Fanfare:


Here is his Prelude to April and Toccata from the same Concerto Suite:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page