Thursday, October 23, 2008

Slumbering Bumble


Earlier this summer I took the opportunity to visit one of my favorite bogs. This favorite is Jackson Bog.

It had rained the previous evening and a thick morning fog developed. Even by the time I reached Jackson Bog, the air was still thick with an envelope of cool moisture. As I started to make my way through the bog, I noticed that the majority of the insects and other small creatures were seemingly motionless on all the vegetation. Some made slow and gentle movements as if to try to nudge themselves from a deep slumber. I can only say that it seemed as though a spell of sleep had been cast upon this emerald glen and all the creatures that dwelled in it.

I knew it would not be long before all its creatures would be embarking on their normal daytime activities. Therefore, I decided to take some pictures of this slumbering Bumble Bee.

…a slumbering Bumble in an enchanted place dreaming perhaps of sweet nectar finds.

(click on picture for a close-up)

2 Comments:

Blogger Miz Minka said...

Wow! What an amazing photo!! You can see the facets on the bumblebee's eyes. Might I ask what camera you used? If you'd rather not answer that on such a public forum, please email me. I think I'm going to have to start a "decent camera" savings account. :)

Pictures like this are the sweet reward for braving bogs in the wee hours.

Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:29:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hello Miz Minka,

I will email you. I will also give you the focal length of the lens as well as the camera settings (which I will look up in my raw data file.)

Yes, well worth the expense and saving up for it.

As you know, I am a student myself and cannot afford many luxuries. I made my purchases slowly and carefully. I think I finally have a nice camera outfit. When I look at my purchases, price wise it may seem overwhelming. But they were all made slowly and one at a time.

Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page