Friday, February 24, 2006

Practical Jokes, Part II

It would seem that me leaving my email account open (see previous post) has caused my labmates to recount the various stories of the practical jokes played on people when they leave their email accounts open. Sort of like stories around the campfire.

One that gives me the giggles is the following:

A project scientist left his email account open. This particular person was into the various lotteries found on the net at the time. So, this other labmate of ours went into his account and emailed him from the account left open saying that he will win $100,000 if he replies back to the email within 30 minutes of opening.

Well, of course he replied, but it would come back to him because it was from his own account. Apparently, he worked himself into a frenzy trying to reply to this email within the 30 minute time frame. Since he had worked himself into a frenzy, he did not realize that this was originally coming from his own account.

Eventually he figured it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Now that IS funny...

Say, I'm soliciting those I read and love to help me -

Please go here: http://www.denibonet.com/blog/

and vote for my ugly, naked colorful lady as the "Best of the Bad Art" - the Chicken and the Egg and I are neck and neck!

Thanks!

Friday, February 24, 2006 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

That is funny. He was probably already thinking about how he was going to spend the money. Poor guy.

Friday, February 24, 2006 5:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page