Friday, February 17, 2006

To Sleep Perchance to Create

Lately The Boss has been cracking the whip on us. I have been no exception to this. More often than not, I have been in the lab until 2-3 am. So, obviously, I have been very tired and sleep deprived.

However, I have noticed that I started feeling a little less tired. I thought that maybe my body was adapting. After all, the human body is a wonderful thing and can adapt.

Then I realized that my body was not adapting, but that I was just getting more creative about getting sleep. For example, I have started sleeping in our 2 hour lab meetings and sleeping in seminars. My labmates have taken great joy in monitoring my new found sleeping habits and tell me how I slept very soundly for 45 minutes in seminar.

I am not happy about my new found sleeping habits considering that when I go to seminar, it is usually because I WANT to hear what the speaker has to say.

However, what gets me is how I manage to fall asleep in front of the spectrophotometer while I am running scans.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just returning from the research institute where I am doing my doctoral research at 3 A.M. to my apartment I pulled out my research institute ID card to "swipe" myself into my apartment building.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page