Friday, March 03, 2006

What I learned in lab today

Today I learned that my improvisational mixture of methanol and dry ice (our research institute is currently having problems with their liquid nitrogen line) can and will cause burns to exposed skin.

Yes, I found this out the hard way...

Yes, my fingers will recover. But my typing for now is impaired.

Ouch.

I wasn't trying to expose my skin to it, just accidentally happened that way. And yes, I do know how cold this mixture is supposed be (after all, I was using it as a substitute for liquid nitrogen).

At least it is not as bad as when I got the liquid nitrogen burns all over my hands. Now that was painful and rather long lasting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous The Heme King said...

Yet another reason why we need pocket hand warmers in the lab.

Saturday, March 04, 2006 3:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page