Thursday, April 06, 2006

Guilty Pleasure


The famous Golden Gate Bridge


Muir Woods
Sequoia sempervirens (commonly referred to as the Coast Redwood)


Katie at Fisherman's Wharf


I have returned from San Francisco! Reluctantly!

I attended the Centennial Celebration and conference of the American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB).

It was delightful! The talks were really great as well as the poster presentations. I adored all the sights and sounds of this west coast city.

It was wonderful to be immersed in this scientific community. It was also great to be away from the bench for a while. Although I do feel a bit guilty for being away.

The San Francisco Symphony was really a true treasure to behold and hear.

I am very grateful to ASBMB for thinking that my research was worthy enough of the wonderful award and opportunity to travel!

Yes, this has been my guilty pleasure!

5 Comments:

Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

So glad that you had such a wonderful time academically and otherwise...

Friday, April 07, 2006 1:17:00 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I went to San Fran for the first time in October and was ready to move there...the city had such an amazing vibe to it - I absolutely fell in love. I'm glad you, too, had a great time.

Friday, April 07, 2006 7:14:00 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Lucky You. Nice pictures, especially the bottom one. You look very suave and debonaire.

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went there about a year and a half ago, also for a conference. It's great isn't. Your pictures brought back nice memories!

Sunday, April 09, 2006 7:22:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on the award! Sounds like you had a fantastic time in San Fran. The pics are wonderful! You have a cute smile :)

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 9:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page