Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It is that time of year again...

Grant writing time that is. For me at least.

The last grant I wrote has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, so I am not entirely fond of going to work on another grant. Well, at least I have to reviewers comments from my last grant that I can properly address so that there is not much room to find fault with this new grant. Although "how will I know that my proteins have properly folded " is too lame to address because I am NOT going to do a crystal structure on all my chimeras. I will be in grad school forever then.

I am actually going to try and properly pace myself this time so that I can be productive in terms of experiments by day and grant writing at night. Yeah, right! Who am I kidding? Well, at least I can try and pace myself...

So, I can look forward to being sleep deprived, caffeine addicted (like I am not already?), crabby, and feeling like I am a worthless slug in the world of science.

On the bright side of things (like there is a bright side?), at least it will help me get my mind off things and help me make it through this miserable time regarding the holidays. I am just not so sure how I am going to make it through the holidays without having my mother anymore. Just thinking about it makes my eyes brim with tears.

So maybe writing this grant will be a blessing in disguise. I won't have time to think about anything else. This grant will be the perfect excuse to retreat and be a recluse again.

At least that is what I am telling myself right now...

2 Comments:

Blogger William the Coroner said...

So, I can look forward to being sleep deprived, caffeine addicted (like I am not already?), crabby, and feeling like I am a worthless slug in the world of science.

And the difference from the status quo would be, erm, what exactly?

*runs and hides*

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 3:21:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

William,

Well, as much as I hate to admit, you are right. Perhaps the difference would be an increase in magnitude...

Thursday, November 16, 2006 8:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page