Monday, November 06, 2006

The Kat's Pajamas

I came home around midnight Saturday night and upon entering my house, Mici (my cat) decided to sneak out. I was feeling rather tired and I was in no mood to try to retrieve her. Therefore, I decided she can just stay out until I decide to wake up in the morning.

Since I was feeling rather congested from yet another cold I managed to catch (courtesy of one of my labmates), I could not quite fall asleep until 6 am. Of course the strong Kenyan coffee I had a few hours earlier might have had something to do with that as well. Around 7 am I hear through my closed windows this pitiful mewing. Being half-asleep, I figured it was one of the neighborhood cats and did my best to ignore it and continue sleeping. But that was just not to be. The mewing continued and got even louder. Finally I recognized that it was Mici mewing. I figured that she had enough of her evening escape and wanted back inside. So, being the good forgiving human, I dragged myself out of bed to let her in through the front door.

So, I open the front door and called her. The mewing continued and no Mici. Again I call her. The mewing continued and no Mici. I call her again. Then I hear this scampering on the awning. Still not being fully awake, I had not quite put 2 and 2 together and went out on the porch and down the steps to investigate. I was still in my pajamas at the time. I look up and see Mici on the roof crying even more loudly upon seeing me. How the heck did she get up there? I then explained to her that it was to her benefit to come down from there. The mewing from her got only louder and more frantic after I explained this to her. It became obvious that she could not figure out how to get back down. Of course, I explained to her that she should come down the same way she went up. But sadly, my words fell on "deaf" furry ears. Her mewing continued to get only more frantic and she scampered about the roof very distressed. I realized that I must somehow get her down and I started to worry that she, in her distressed state, might fall and hurt herself.

I remembered that there was a ladder in the garage and decided to go get it. I figured that I would use the ladder to climb up on the roof and bring the cat down. Considering how distressed the cat was and my worry, I realized that there was no time to change from my pajamas to more appropriate cat retrieving attire. All I could think of was what the neighbors will be thinking of me on the roof in my pajamas on a Sunday morning. Great, just great. I could even envision myself on the local evening news.

In the process of getting the ladder, Mici somehow realized the proper method to come down and so she did. I thankfully never did have to climb up on the roof in my pajamas and make the evening news.

But at least I was wearing my pajamas and not Victoria's Secret...

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno, perhaps the neighbors would have enjoyed it. Or the lingerie instead.

Yeah, like I'm gonna sign this.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 7:39:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Anonymous,

You have captured my curiosity. Must you lurk????

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 12:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When writing salacious stuff on another's blog? Of course I'll lurk.
Unless you post pictures. Pictures. Yeah. That'll work.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 7:37:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Anonymous,

So, in order for you to reveal your identity, I would have to post boudoir photos of me?

Oh my!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 12:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. Or ones from you at Heffner's house a few years ago. When you were wrestling in the chocolate syrup.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 5:49:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Anonymous,

Fist of all, for this quid pro quo, you put me at a distinct disadvantage, no? Usually for quid pro quo, I prefer to be the one on top.

Secondly, you have got to be kidding me regarding chocolate syrup. It is imported chocolate for me, baby!

Thursday, November 09, 2006 11:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Woman on top, eh? That works. Could be fun.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 2:20:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Anonymous,

Oh my! You are a VERY naughty one! You make me blush!

However, dare I say that you should not post what you can't/won't deliver?

Thursday, November 09, 2006 3:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep talking about Victoria's Secret and I'm gonna keep stocking you. I'll keep it brief if you insist. I wouldn't want to keep you thong from your researches or photography, particularly if you're in your cups.

Name the date and show up by the goods lift with just undies under the white lab coat, and we'll get it together.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 8:48:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Anonymous,

Interesting play on words...

I have to say that I am tempted to call your bluff. You are bluffing, right?

Anyhow, perhaps, just in case, I should fold...

Friday, November 10, 2006 9:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fold it or just leave it in a heap upon the floor, it matters not. The rest will either be removed slowly and sensously or maybe just shredded in place. It depends on my mood.

What would Sinatra do to Eva Gardner?

Friday, November 10, 2006 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

*GASP*!!!!!

Maybe is a good thing that right now I am suffering from laryngititis...

Friday, November 10, 2006 1:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two should either cool down or get a room and lots of melted swiss chocolate that you can eat of each other. Cream and cherries would go along with chocolate nicely.

Friday, November 10, 2006 1:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laryngitis, schmaringitis. I'm interested in hot monkey sex, not conversation.

Sunday, November 12, 2006 3:54:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

*GASP*!!!

I think it is time for me to run and hide...

I think I have learned my lesson...

Monday, November 13, 2006 8:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page