Thursday, March 08, 2007

It's that time of year


It is that time of year when the orchid society to which I belong has their large international orchid show. It is something that I look forward to every year. I am hoping that it will help lift the curtains of my dark mood. Immersing myself into orchid culture should be the proper prescription to lift my mood.

The only down side of this is that I have agreed to volunteer to do the clerking. What this entails is to help with the judging. In return, I get treated to a free lunch and my name is entered into a raffle for a free orchid. The down part is that I have to be there at 7:30am on Saturday. Argh. But I suppose if I can drag my behind out of bed at 3am for my photography expeditions, then I suppose I can drag out of bed for this as well.

Should anyone be so inclined to go to this wonderful event, here is the following information:

West Shore Orchid Show, March 10-11
Strongsville Recreation Center
Strongsville, Ohio
Saturday Noon-5pm
Sunday 11am-4pm

The above picture is of one of my orchids, Dtps Newberry Parfait 'Picotee' AM/AOS. This orchid will not be entered into the show due to the fact that it is currently not in bloom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page