Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Relief

For me relief is in the form of warmer weather. Finally it has warmed up bit where I live and it has gone from the single digits to the upper 30's and 40's. I cannot even begin to state how happy this has made me.

About a decade ago I was in a car accident. I broke three bones in this car accident. Some say that the most painful thing someone can experience is a broken bone. I cannot verify if this statement is true, since I would have to experience other painful conditions, but I can certainly say that it is a very painful experience. Since it was three bones, I would have to say that it was pain multiplied by a factor of 3.

Now, the bad thing about this is that this injury comes back to haunt me from time to time. This is compounded by the fact that I used to be a runner and I have some various old injuries as well. This comes back to haunt me as well when the weather is cold. Single digit temperatures cause enough pain and stiffness in the morning that I spend my first waking hour hobbling around the house attempting work out the pain and stiffness and resume a semblance of a normal gait before getting into the lab.

It would seem that every injury I have ever sustained mocks me when it gets down into the single digits.

This week, for the first time in weeks, I have woken up without pain, without stiffness, and without hobbling around the house looking like a drunk.

Sometimes, the smallest of things can make me happy...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, technically, a broken bone is less painful than renal colic (#1) or childbirth (#2). But it still sucks. Perhaps getting drunk would help?

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page