Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wet and Dirty

We are currently having our first warm spring rain. That means that after I get done with my labwork, I am heading out to North Chagrin in this rain to get down, wet, and dirty. Probably into the late evening hours. Maybe even until midnight.

Why? The salamanders are making their annual spring migration. They are elusive creatures and this is usually the best time to observe and photograph them. Since I do macro photography, to get a good shot will entail getting down on the wet muddy ground where they are migrating.

I have to confess that a year ago I would not have thought I would be doing something like this. In fact, I still can barely believe I am doing this. And I am actually looking forward to it.

I realize that people who know me cannot believe that I am doing this.

Me, mucking around in the mud looking for salamanders.

This even I have got to see...

(Addendum to Post: The sun unfortunately came out and although the ground is still damp, it is not wet enough for the salamanders. Thus I will have to wait until the next warm spring rain.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page