Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday Cat Blogging

Ever since I can remember as a child, I have always wanted a cat. Finally at the age of 11, my parents finally relented and got me my first cat. Ever since then, I have never been without a cat and have always had at least one cat in my life.

Having known cats for so long, I have learned quite a bit about them and quite a bit from them.

The first lesson I learned was that they have concluded that we are poor providers. Cats will bring meals to their young until they learn to provide on their own. As a result, they must bring us meals considering the dry kibble we provide. These meals mostly consist of rodents and birds.

But cats are also finely tuned to dietary needs I concluded. There was a point in my life where I gained weight due to a medical problem and it came time to shed those extra pounds through diet and exercise. The cats were very sensitive to my new dietary needs and started bringing me large, low-fat, high-fiber moths.

The second lesson I learned was that cats sometimes will conclude that we don’t know how to properly catch prey. Cats will bring live meals to their young so that they can learn to properly catch their future prey. Cats are perceptive creatures and will interpret any signs of hesitation when you go to catch that live prey as lack of experience and ignorance. Therefore, the cat will continue in its attempts to teach you.

So, whenever trying to catch something, don’t hesitate or look like you don’t know what you are doing. If you end up not being able to catch it, just make it look like you planned it that way and that you are toying with the prey to save it for later.

Otherwise, you may end with some uninvited houseguest that you just might have to end up naming Alvin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page