Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Revenge of the Pink Bubblegum

A while back I posted on joys of giving one of my foster cats, Siouxsie the pediatric, bubblegum flavored amoxicillin. Well, it turns out that all three foster cats have the same respiratory tract infection. This means, all three cats get the pediatric amoxicillin.

The three cats all hate the pink bubblegum amox. Twice a day, it is the battle of the wills. Quite frankly, I think the cats are winning. I used to think that giving cats liquid medication was "easy peasy". I greatly underestimated how much a cat hates bubblegum flavor.

Twice a day, for three cats, I have to pin down a squirming mass of fur and inject liquid medication in her mouth. To compound matters, said squirming mass of fur has claws. Yes, I am sporting some battle wounds from this. Twice a day, I get scratched and bubble gum medication gets dribbled and spewed on me. Sometimes I think I end up wearing more of the pink bubblegum medication than I manage to get down their throats. I have also learned the hard way that I need to keep my mouth closed during the medication process instead of speaking soothing words to said squirming mass of fur. Yes, the stuff has wound up in my mouth as well.

So, suffice it to say, I am starting to develop a bit of an aversion to pink bubblegum scent and flavor.

Which brings me to interesting point. I found some shimmering flavored body lotion, body mist, and lip gloss in a bag tucked away in the recesses of my bedroom. I bought it a few years back thinking it might be something fun to wear on a date. Tucked it away and forgot about it--until now. The scent and flavor? Bubblegum.

Suffice it to say, I don't think I am going to be wearing it any time soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page