Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Unbelievable


As someone who is on a diet, I have to watch and count the calories I consume. Making sure that the output of calories is greater than the input of calories. Sometimes, I am greatly surprised at where extra calories creep up. Things you think should be good turns out to be high in calories. That is why I found this article interesting.

However, I am also surprised at finding out how many calories and fat is lurking in something that I know is bad. Case in point is the Heath bar milkshake from Baskin Robins. The article states the following:

Baskin Robbin’s Large Heath Bar Shake (32 oz)
2,310 calories
266 g sugar
108 g fat (64 g saturated)

Let's look at America's Worst Drink in numbers:

73: The number of ingredients that go into this milkshake.
66: The number of teaspoons of sugar this drink contains.
11: The number of Heath Bars you would have to eat to equal the number of calories found in one Baskin Robbins Large Heath Bar Shake.
8-12: The average number of minutes it takes to consume this drink.
240: The number of minutes you’d need to spend on a treadmill burning it off, running at a moderate pace.


All I can say is OMG. I am definitely staying away from that stuff. That is more calories than I am supposed to consume in one day. Working on a dissertation simply just does not burn off that many calories...

1 Comments:

Blogger AYDIN ÖRSTAN said...

2,310 calories! Unbelievable. More than what I consume from all meals in one day.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page