Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dead Body

So, yesterday evening, as I was doing some yard work, I made the gruesome discovery of finding a dead body in my garage--not the human kind, but the animal kind.

Badly decomposed (a good thing at this point) with nothing more than a skeleton and a pile of fur. It obviously was an opossum. I felt sad at its discovery. The way its skeleton was positioned, it was curled up in a ball like posture. It almost looks as if it passed peacefully in its sleep. I couldn't help but hope that my garage provided it with some security and comfort in its final moments.

2 Comments:

Blogger AYDIN Ă–RSTAN said...

I am surprised you didn't smell it when it was decomposing.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Aydin,
Well, the problem is that I am not sure when it actually died--and there are times I did not go into the garage. My garage is detached from my house, so I don't always need to go into it on a regular basis.

Also, I tend to come down with bad allergies/sinus problems and it is not unusal for me not to be able to smell anything.

Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page