Saturday, July 05, 2008

Cats and Bells

I have always been fascinated by some of the dances of the East. So much so, that I plan on taking lessons in the future (near future I hope). In preparation for this, last year I bought some sterling silver ankle bracelets with bells on them. They do make a lovely chiming sound when I move. Up until now, I have not worn them. Up until now.



Well, yesterday I went out to spend some quality time with some of my friends. I decided to wear them--they went with the outfit I was wearing. Besides, these are my friends, they know to expect the unexpected with me. So, I knew that wearing these ankle bracelets with little bells on them was not going to phase them.

So, I put them on. I then rather quickly noticed it had an unusual effect on the cats. They started following me around the house as I was getting ready (putting on clothes, doing my hair, makeup, etc.). They were very attentive to the sound the bracelets were making. I am not sure if they viewed me as some giant cat toy walking around (some of their cat toys have little bells they come running to the sound when initiate play time with them).

They kept following me around the house until I finally left. Suffice it to say, I felt like the Pied Piper of Cats.

1 Comments:

Blogger AYDIN Ă–RSTAN said...

That's interesting. I wonder if they were attracted to the movements of the bells.

Saturday, July 05, 2008 7:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page