Thursday, July 03, 2008

Kitteh Antics

The antics of cats never end. Never. Sometimes I feel like a have a household of children rather than cats. With three cats of my own, three foster cats, and one stray outside I am trying to befriend (to put up for adoption), I feel like they have a plot of domination over me.

So, now, new kitteh antics have emerged. They have started hauling their toys everywhere. I mean everywhere. On the tables, on the bed, under the bed, in the bathtub (which I have to remove when I go to take a shower or bath), in the sink, and--get this--in their water bowls.

What is up with putting their toys into the water bowls? Every morning and evening I am removing drowned toys. It is kinda gross with the fur covered toys as it looks like a dead mouse. If the cats are trying to give me a hint to buy them a kitteh pool for the summer, they are sadly mistaken that I will comply.

So, last night, one of the cats decides to pee into the water bowl. Yeah, just like a typical kid in a pool.

But I am still not buying them a kitteh pool.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miz Minka said...

Oh, LOL, literally. Too funny!!! *wipes tears of laughter from eyes* Kittehs are so entertaining. :) I think water-logged cat toys are much better than actual dead mice, or stepping in something gray and cold and damp like a recently yorked up hairball.

Saturday, July 05, 2008 6:26:00 PM  
Blogger AYDIN Ă–RSTAN said...

Peeing in the water bowl may be a sign of some sort of power struggle between the cats or a stressed kitty. I would recommend lowering the number of cats in the household.

Saturday, July 05, 2008 7:57:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Miz Minka,

Yes, I will take water-logged cat toys over actual dead mice (which I have stepped on) or cold and damp hairball (also stepped on).

Aydin,

I think the peeing is probably territorial as well. Probably wanted to piss off (literally) the other cats. Lowering the cat density is on my agenda--but for now, the rescue organization is in a real bind so I am trying to make the best of things.

Sunday, July 06, 2008 5:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page