Monday, July 28, 2008

A Girl and Two Cameras



This weekend I went to the Porsches to Oxford (P2O) event. With over three hundred Porsches parked for viewing (area closed to traffic), I had a lot of subject material for photography. In fact, I took over 200 photographs of various Porsches and still ran out of time. Oh well.



The odd thing was, since I now have two D-SLR cameras (will eventually sell the D-50), I decided it would be most productive to use both. So, I set up the Nikon D-50 with the macro lens and the Nikon D-200 with a borrowed (Thank you, Thomas) 10-20mm wide angle lens and gleefully shot away. I have to say, I was a bit of an unusual sight with all my photography gear and two cameras hanging off my neck in the midst of all these Porsches. I seemed to have drawn a lot of attention. Although it was not my intention, I think I upstaged the Porsches with some people. Somehow, this also caused a certain amount of flirtation from the Porsche owners--not bad for my ego. The comment of, "A girl with a camera in each hand is my kind of girl" cause a bit of blushing on my part. But the best part was that I happened to take with me my photographs from the Mid-Ohio Le Mans series. My photographs were shown to the President of the Northeast Ohio Porsche Club. My photographs impressed him to the degree that he does not want to use the photographs he was given from the event, but wants to use mine for their newsletter. My first "publication" of my photographs. So cool. Another Porsche owner gave me his Porsche business card and told me that he saw me taking photographs of his car and would be interested in my photographs.



Anyhow, one of my favorite Porsches at this event was the Porsche Diesel Tractor. Not something you see very often. Very cool. I would also venture to bet that it is probably the only Porsche that has never gotten a speeding ticket! Hee hee.



Although I do have to confess, my all time favorite is always the popular Porsche 911.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miz Minka said...

Gosh, you really are quite the photographer! :) Very nice. Love the Porsche tractor. My nephew is a tractor fan, I'll have to send him your way (blogally speaking).

Thursday, August 07, 2008 6:48:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Miz Minka,

Thanks for the lovely compliments!!!

Friday, August 08, 2008 9:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page