Thursday, April 13, 2006

Melancholy


The above picture was taken at Muir Woods. I came across this area of Muir Woods where all these trees were covered in this wonderful moss. It was rather enchanting and even magical to behold. It is my favorite picture from my trip to San Francisco.

For the past week since I have returned back from San Francisco, my thoughts repeatedly wonder back there.

I never would have thought a place would have such an effect on me. San Francisco is a city filled with such vibrancy and serenity. Truly a dichotomy.

I have to confess, that right now, I have a touch of melancholy in that I am longing to be back there right now.

I long to visit the places I did not get the chance to see as well as revisit the places I did see.

I think I left a part of myself back there.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that must have been quite a sight. Those trees look so beautiful and unusual covered in moss. Lucky you for having seen them! Treasure those memories.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 6:39:00 PM  
Blogger AYDIN Ă–RSTAN said...

You left your moss in San Francisco.

Friday, April 14, 2006 7:57:00 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Yes...YES that is very much how I felt when I left San Fran in October - although you certainly stated it more eloquently than I did. I absolutely love the place!

Friday, April 14, 2006 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I have a sister who lives near San Francisco. You are making me want to go visi her.

BTW, lovely photo. I have been to Muir Woods. i had forgotten just how GREEN it is. Thanks.

Saturday, April 15, 2006 3:21:00 PM  
Blogger William the Coroner said...

Erm, don't tell me you left your heart there.

More like the hippocampus, but that doesn't rhyme or scan.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 7:40:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Cinthia: It is a memory I will always cherish.

Aorstan: The moss was nothing short of spectacular and the trees covered with the moss was nothing short of breathtaking. Although the picture is quite nice, it really does not do it justice.

Jessica: It is nice to know that other people feel the same way. Thanks for the compliment regarding the eloquence.

Gary: Yes, you must visit there again. I would go there RIGHT now in a heartbeat for another visit if I could.

William: No doubt that my hippocampus is overactive right now. Who would have thought that I could feel like this about a place?

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page