Tuesday, April 18, 2006

There is No Place Like Home...



The above spring peeper was a rather bold and cooperative photography subject due to the fact that it was busy calling for a mate. This spring peeper was photographed at North Chagrin Reservation at night on 04/15/06. Please click on the photos for a better closeup!


Although I am still feeling melancholy from my trip to San Francisco, I have discovered something else. This weekend I was very fortunate to be reminded of the fact that to find adventure and magic, sometimes all you have to do is look in your own "backyard" so to speak.

So, I was gently lead through an expedition of various woods and bogs. To my complete amazement, I discovered and rediscovered things that gave me the sense that I was completely separated from the outside world. A spell was cast and all that existed was complete and utter enchantment. I easily and willingly fell under this spell.

The spell consisted of bog plants, moss, woodland flowers, shy reptiles, blue heron, an assortment of woodpeckers, very friendly chickadees, and singing amphibians.

There is beauty in loneliness...


Thanks to Thomas for his usual photographic expertise, his extensive knowledge, and his willingness to be a guide.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

There IS beauty in loneliness. Beauty is where you find it. Good for you.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm happy to hear you're finding what you're looking for closer to home. You sound so passionate about nature. I really respect that.

Hope you have a delightful weekend full of other adventures and discoveries!

Friday, April 21, 2006 7:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page