Thursday, April 27, 2006

William Butler Yeats

William Butler Yeats is one of my favorite poets. Perhaps my favorite poet. I think it is because of the images he creates in my mind.

I would say that the following is perhaps my favorite poem by him:

Cloths of Heaven

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

William Butler Yeats



Viola hastata. Commonly referred to as the Halbeardleaf yellow violet. Photographed by Thomas on 04/15/06.



Dreams, like spring woodland flowers, can and often are fleeting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is indeed a beautiful poem. Maybe I'll save it, if you don't mind :)

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Cinthia: I don't mind at all! I am glad that I can share one of my favorite poems!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree. And a small cabin build there....

Friday, April 28, 2006 8:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page