Thursday, September 14, 2006

Size Matters


For some, size matters...

This is the biggest super telephoto lens for nature photography. Custom made of course. Click on here for more information and specifications.

I am curious, how does one mount and support that thing at a whopping 256kg? Do you mount it on a small missile launcher or what? Do you use a tank to maneuver the thing? What the heck? And this is designed for nature photography??? What are you going to photograph in nature with this? An ant in a neighboring country? Life on Mars? The man on the moon? Okay, I know I am exaggerating here, but really, what the heck in nature does one photograph with this monstrosity?

However, I am a bit impressed by how big and long that lens is. No doubt, I am sure anyone would be. It is not every day you come across something like that.

However, I will confess and say that what holds my attention and really impresses me is not the size of a lens, but how you use it...

2 Comments:

Blogger William the Coroner said...

I'm really afreud to say anything. Bewteen the chocolate and the lenses. Sheesh!

Friday, September 15, 2006 4:34:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

William the coroner:
Hmmmm. I am "afreud" to say that perhaps someone's parapraxes is showing...

Although, sometimes a lens is just a lens...

Monday, September 18, 2006 6:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page