Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Resolutions

Being the new year, I thought long and hard about my resolutions. No doubt last year was miserable with my mother passing away so suddenly. I can only hope that this year will be better. It has to be. Yes, I still cry almost every night and find solace in chaos, but I know it will get better--someday.

I was tempted to make no resolutions. But that is not right considering.

So, I make two resolutions for this year:

1.) Continue to improve myself physically. It was something I started two years ago and have made tremendous progress in this area. I can say that in some ways, I am a mere shadow of my former self. Considering that one of my parents died of heart disease and another of cancer, I am not taking any chances with my health. Just today two postdocs in my department thought I was in my early to mid twenties. So, I must be doing something right.

2.) Become better organized. I admit that organization is not my forte. Never was. However, I have a lot on my plate right now. I have a grant to submit next week to AHA, a proposal to defend in the spring, start writing my thesis, finish writing my first manuscript, and start my second manuscript. In all this I find myself suddenly a homeowner with a house to maintain as well. To say that I am overwhelmed is mildly putting it. Organization has to be my key to survival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page