Friday, December 08, 2006

Men and Toys

What is it with men and their toys?

Today I asked someone in the lab who is leaving today for vacation for a month to borrow an anaerobic cuvette for an experiment I need to do next week. I need more than one since I want to run more than one sample.

He told me that no, he will not let me borrow it, because it is his own personal anaerobic cuvette. There is nothing in the lab that is of one's own personal property. We share and share alike. Just last week this same person took my cuvettes without asking and had them in his possession for three whole days while I looked everywhere for them. He finally handed them over and gave them back to me dirty.

I think I realized the error of my ways. I should have worn my black leather mini-skirt, fishnet stockings, and four inch stiletto heels when asking him for the anaerobic cuvette.

I was told by my fellow labmates when relaying this that if I wear that outfit to the lab, I can have anything and everything I want in the lab. Even experiments done for me. Anything for my asking!

*Sigh*

If only I had known...

Well, there is after all next time...

10 Comments:

Blogger William the Coroner said...

Katie

I deeply and sincerely hope you will post pictures of you in that outfit.

Androgenuinely yours.

Z

Saturday, December 09, 2006 2:53:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

William,

If I ever wear that outfit to the lab, I will keep your request under consideration...

Monday, December 11, 2006 2:40:00 PM  
Blogger William the Coroner said...

And outside of the lab Katie?

That'd be worth a good dinner, at least...

Monday, December 11, 2006 3:19:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

William,

I will keep your request under consideration next time I wear that outfit outside of the lab as well...

I am now starting to realize the "worth" of that outfit. Perhaps I need to keep that in mind when adding to my wardrobe? Although three leather skirts should be enough--but maybe a girl can't have too many???

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:55:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

HDD:

Yeah, I am begining to "rethink" my approach to getting my Ph.D. Perhaps I have been going about it all wrong???

Perhaps in this world of science and "natural selection", there is something to be said for "using all you got"? ;-) LOL!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:58:00 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hmmmm a "cuvette couch" instead of a "casting couch" - sorry, I couldn't resist!!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 9:43:00 AM  
Blogger William the Coroner said...

Doinking one's way to a Ph.D. ir a research career is not unknown. Look at Louis Leakey's prime mate, erm primate researchers.

Also, I noticed there was no TOP described in that outfit, which is daring, but in view of Cleveland winters, unwise.

Pity.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 1:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Katie, do please keep us abreast of the situation.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 3:50:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Jessica;
LOL!

William,

Although I have never "doinked" someone to get somewhere/something. That pesky thing called "principles" keep getting in the way for me.

I would say that a nice cashmere sweater of mine would go nicely considering the weather, no? In warmer weather, I would have to say a top of silk organza for a provocative look, or silk shantung for non-provocative yet sexy.

Anonymous,
If you are saying what I think you are saying, you are so in trouble!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 6:44:00 PM  
Blogger William the Coroner said...

Katie

Most men I know go totally gooey when confronted with a fuzzy sweater.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 1:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page