Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Why do they do this to me?

I am cursed to have light colored, deep pile carpeting in the living areas of my home. Suffice it to say, this carpeting was/is in dire need of deep cleaning.

Since my grant is now completed, I thought I would tackle some tasks that are overdue. So, I spent part of my weekend shampooing the dining room carpeting and repotting some of my orchids.

When I came home the other night, I thought that since I had some energy left, I would start on cleaning the carpeting in the living room.

However, first I decided to deposit my mail on the dining room table and I gingerly stepped in there since the carpeting was still slightly damp. What do I find? My newly potted orchid and its potting medium strewn across the still damp, used to be newly clean dining room carpeting.

Yes, one or more of the cats was obviously to blame. Although none of them would confess to the evil deed.

Suffice it to say, I did not have the energy left after re-cleaning to work on the living room.

2 Comments:

Blogger William the Coroner said...

Light-coloured deep pile carpeting.

I think THAT's your problem. Wood is so much easier to deal with.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 6:29:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

William,

I agree so much. I certainly prefer wood over carpeting any day. Looks nicer and easier to deal with. Unfortunately, the carpeting was my mother's choice and since this used to be her home, I am currently stuck with having to deal with it. Oh well, I guess it could be worse...

Thursday, January 25, 2007 8:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page