Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Moving Photography Subject


(Click on picture to enlarge)
This picture was taken on my very last photography expedition during the summer. This picture was also the first picture taken with my 300mm telephoto lens. I have to admit it was unusual for me taking this picture because my main photography interests are in the botanical realm. Thus, I am not so used to photography objects moving and on the go. It proved to be challenging because I did not have the luxury to contemplate settings and composition. Also, since the object was far away, I felt I was more limited in terms of the angle at which to take the picture.

However, even though the photography subject was not my typical subject, I still enjoyed photographing this beautiful Great Blue Heron.

The picture was taken at Sandy Ridge, one of my favorite spots.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Very cool photo. I love great blue herons. Telephoto Bird photography definitely has different restrictions than flowers! Cool, though!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 7:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page