Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Bondage


At the moment, I feel as though I am in academic bondage. With my oral candidacy exam less than a week away, my feelings are those of submission, helplessness and impending torture. I desire freedom. Freedom from the ties binding me to making PowerPoint slides, flooding my brain with facts, and working on a culture that is the laboratory equivalent of liquid diarrhea.

It is glorious outside. I want to be free to do so many things.

I desire to be out in a beautiful wetland with my photography equipment. I want to be window shopping for certain jewelry. I wish to be working in my garden outside. I want to devote care to my orchids that are crying from neglect. I want to inline skate along the lake and feel its breeze against my skin. I want to spend time playing with my cats. I want to walk barefoot on the beach. I wish...

I wish to be away from the confines of walls and computers.

Away from the invisible, self-imposing restraints...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page