Friday, August 24, 2007

Dumb Idea

Vicodin + evening + cleaning porch = Dumb Idea

Earlier in the week an oppossum decided to come up on my porch and wreck havoc. Turning over all sorts of potted plants. Considering I have about 100 potted plants on the porch, it made quite a mess. I discovered the mess in the morning and I just decided to leave it to clean later. As the week progressed, exhaustion kept me from cleaning it up.

The other evening, I was in quite a bit of pain and decided to succumb to taking Vicodin for it. The Vicodin did a rather nice job of taking care of the pain and left me feeling a bit euphoric. I decided that there was no time like the present and I should finally clean up the mess on the porch. Although I do not fully understand why I decided to clean the porch in the evening of all times.

It was evening and we have had quite a bit of rain lately. This means that the mosquitoes were out in full force. Since I was feeling the full lovely effects of the Vicodin, I did not feel/notice all the mosquitoes feasting on me.

Suffice it to say, considering that I react to mosquitoes bites more than the average person, I am quite miserable right now. I want nothing more than to fill a bathtub with Cortisone, Benadryl, and Calamine lotion and soak in it for days.

The good thing is that the majority of the bites are covered by clothing so my outward appearance is normal.

The bad thing is that some of the bites are located in places that are impolite to scratch in public.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page