Monday, November 26, 2007

Adventures in Cat Ownership

Yesterday was the day from Cat hell.

When I got home yesterday, things were certainly amiss.

I first noticed that my CD player was knocked down from where it usually is. Odd. It is not a small item. It could not have been knocked down easily.

As I took off my coat, I noticed the strong scent of cat turd. Perhaps someone just got done using the litter box I assumed. I noticed as I headed towards the bedroom, the scent got stronger. Oh no. But when I went into the bedroom, it was gone. I finally found the offending turds. Some cat(s) have left 5 turds in the bathtub. Ick. I had just changed the type of cat litter and I assume they did not like my choice of cat litter. So, I picked up the offending turds and flushed them down the toilet.

The cat turds clogged the toilet. Toilet is still clogged. I now have to work on unclogging the toilet when I get home tonight.

The cat turds also left a stain in the bathtub. I had scrub the tub down with Ajax to disinfect and remove the brown cat turd stains.

When I went out to the living area, I noticed a faint smell of cat urine. Oh no. I finally located the spot. It was on a throw rug in front of the TV. I took the throw rug and tossed it in the washer with detergent and bleach. I then used the rug shampooer on the area to make sure I got up any and all of the urine that might be there. The dislike of the new cat litter most likely to blame.

Then I noticed that someone had puked on the oriental rug. I happen to like that particular oriental rug.

Then I noticed someone had projectile pucked all over the sofa. Ok, I dislike the sofa, but no need to puke all over it.

So much for that nap I was planning on taking to ease my back pain...

2 Comments:

Blogger FoodTracker said...

Awww, nuts to the day's bad cat surprises! Hope it got better. Sorry I laughed so hard at your post, but it sounded like so many of my days with my four cats, esp since I just cleaned up a pile of puke this morning.

Monday, November 26, 2007 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Miz Minka said...

Been there, done that. Hope your feline friends are no longer "on strike"! Or will you be switching back to their regular cat litter? ;)

I used to have a cat that would pee in the dog's bed whenever she thought I was paying more attention to the dog than to her. Gets the message across...loud and clear.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page