Monday, November 19, 2007

Science-isms or I am a Geek

I know I have been in the lab too long when I start saying stuff like:

When explaining cooking directions, I say allow it to equilibrate (rather than allow it to come to room temperature).

When explaining another recipe, I say allow it to incubate for 12 hours (rather than marinate overnight).

When asking how to make something, I talk about looking up a protocol (rather than looking up a recipe.)

When standing in line, I ask people how long is the queue (instead of asking how long it takes being in line)

3 Comments:

Blogger William the Coroner said...

You've been hanging around too many Brits, if you're queueing

Monday, November 19, 2007 7:24:00 PM  
Blogger AYDIN Ă–RSTAN said...

I like to use the word precipitate. There is a precipitate on the bottom of my glass.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:34:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

William,
Although there is a Brit influence in my lab, I am afraid it is due to other factors as well.

Aydin,
I realize that you reminded me that I also use the word precipitate. I use it to the point where I forget that it is not a common word in the vogue context. It certainly is nice to see that I am not the only one in this regard.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page