Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Making a List and checking it twice


Each year around this time I have a recurring dream. The elements in the dream sometimes vary, but the theme is always the same.

The theme is where it is either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day and I have come to the realization that there is someone dear to me that I have forgotten to purchase a Christmas present due the Christmas rush or miscalculating the day of the holiday. I then frantically scramble to find some store that is open (usually a drugstore or grocery store if anything at all is open) and try to find something with their limited selections.

In the dream I feel anxious and horrible that I will disappoint someone dear to me with either a lack of gift or a gift purchased quite literally the last minute.

Every year the dream haunts me. Every year I carefully go over my list and check it over and make sure.

As of this moment, all gifts have been already purchased. Only one remains. If I am lucky, that task will be done tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page