Thursday, December 06, 2007

St. Nicholas Day


Today is St. Nicholas Day. It holds many cherished memories for me. Even into adulthood, my mother would fill my shoes or boots with goodies. Usually fruit and chocolate were the typical goodies.

Since my mother passed away in 2006, I have to confess that this day is rather melancholy for me. My shoes will once again go empty this year.

Since I have no children of my own, I will not be filling anyone else's shoes either.

However, I do like the idea of Miz Minka in terms of giving the cats treats on this day. True, they don't wear shoes or boots, but I am sure they will enjoy the special treats regardless of its container.

Knowing that in some way I can celebrate this day, even if only with my felines seems to lessen my melancholy a bit.

2 Comments:

Blogger William the Coroner said...

Could be worse. Your cats could throw up in your shoes.

Thursday, December 06, 2007 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Thankfully, they have never done that. At least not yet. They do however put toys in my shoe. It can at times be cute. The fur mice tend to look a little too realistic and sort of give me a bit of a startle when I find it in my shoe.

Thursday, December 06, 2007 2:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page