Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Iditarod


Given the fact that the Cleveland area still has a lot of snow on the ground and is still in winter's grip, what better time to monitor the Iditarod in comfort and warmth? Look here.

I absolutely loved Gary Paulsen's book, Winterdance. He recounts his adventures in training and running the famous Iditarod. It is also the only book which has made me laugh out loud.

Aside from the humor, the book also gave me great admiration for the men, women, and dogs that participate in this traditional race.

Deep inside, I am a closet adventurist.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miz Minka said...

"Deep inside, I am a closet adventurist."

Me too! I'll have to get that book. :)

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Miz Minka,

If you get that book, I pretty much know you will enjoy it!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 2:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page