Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Out of Kilter


At the moment, I feel out of sorts. Physically, mentally, and emotionally I feel out of kilter. I am not sleeping well, my dreams are weird, I am tired, feel depressed, and have a bad case of writer's block (not good when writing a dissertation).

I am thinking if I implement some physically activity in my life, perhaps that should bring things back in balance. So, I am going to go back to my love of inline skating. As often as I can, I will be off to Edgewater Park after my day at the lab and skate by the lake (except on weekends since I hate the crowd there). This should also help my weight loss efforts.

When I lived in Pittsburgh, there was a community that was big on inline skating. I skated with a group several times a week. I loved it. I even did a race (15K). And somewhere, out there, exists pictures of me after the race (as I had to pose with my medal for photographers). Although I think I am (or was) good, that was about 10 years ago. I would like to try to do a race again at the end of summer, but it is hard to say if I have enough time to properly train for something like that. At the very least, whatever I do accomplish should prove to be good for me.

I realize that is going to take some effort when at the end of the day I usually feel like collapsing. But hopefully, the effort will pay off. Perhaps this time, my horoscope for today may be right:

To find the harmony you need right now, you need to sacrifice a little bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page