Saturday, July 05, 2008

Voi che sapete

I am working on this piece--reclaiming my vocal range. It was and is my favorite aria.

My voice teacher was always pleased with my performance of this piece and always asked me to include it in recitals.

One year, I went to her informal recital as a member of the audience (a friend of mine was taking lessons from her and I came to support her in her piano performance). After all her students finished their performances, my voice teacher then asked me to take center stage and perform some the pieces from my repertoire that were my favorites. I was stunned as I did not come to the recital to perform. But I did. I went though about three pieces. Voi che sapeta was my encore for the evening.

The members of the audience assumed I was a professional opera singer. It was the highest compliment I ever got.

I have a lot of work ahead of me to get back to where I used to be, and the cats are hoping for sooner rather than later for this to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page