Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jaj Istennem!


So, Dr. D., calls me last night to ask how my skin is feeling from my bogging adventures. Slathered in topicals and drugged up on antihistamines, at least I am no longer am feeling like I want to scrape off my entire dermal layer.

So, he asks me what the deal was with the Hungarians and their outfits at the opening ceremonies?

Huh? I did not watch the opening ceremonies considering I was busy with other things. Besides, I told him that I was having my own quiet little boycott of the Olympics and not watching them.

So, I decided to look up what the fuss was about the Hungarians and their outfits.

Oh, dear. A fashion faux pas if I ever saw one. What were they thinking? Did coming to a communist country hit a raw nerve for them and impair their thinking on the matter? Or was this a quiet protest of sorts? An attempt on getting a psychological edge?

As a country of people who has always managed to uphold a sense of elegant style even during the most oppressive times, I am dumbfounded.

In the meantime, as a fellow Hungarian American, I think I will go bury my head in the sand for a while...

Jaj Istennem!

2 Comments:

Blogger Miz Minka said...

"Dear me" indeed... I hope it was just meant to be a quiet protest.

I'm also boycotting the Olympics. Well, I would if I had a TV. But still. :) I'm not even following the medal count on the Web.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 4:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, they're so CUTE!

Thursday, August 14, 2008 6:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page