Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Santa Claws--again

This year once again, I get to help out my favorite rescue organization with Santa Claws pictures at the local PetSmarts. This was an enjoyable thing last year for me to do and it helped get my mind off the more depressing things in my life at that point in time.

The head of the organization called me today to make tentative plans on which days I can help out. Last year I did most of the photography and I wanted to do the photography again. Considering my photography skills have improved, I thought this would be a good thing in many aspects. The head of the rescue organization told me that she was very grateful for my help and there were some days she is really lacking in people to help out.

That's when she dropped the bomb on me...

I may have to play Santa on some days while she takes the pictures...

Why me I thought? I am a petite woman. How the heck can I pull off being Santa? I mean really, I am petite, small boned, and have a soft feminine voice. Now granted, the pets won't care, but what about the kids? Sometimes the kids come along to see their pet get pictures with Santa. Sometimes the parents put the kids on Santa's lap along with the pets. I am not sure my petite structure can handle a couple of kids and an assortment of pets all at once! What are the kids going to think if they sit in my lap and interact with me? This is a rather bone-y Santa with transgender issues? Also, I am not "anatomically" correct with regards to Santa! There are some things I have that Santa doesn't! But perhaps some padding and pillows might hide that part?

I was just about to tell the head of the rescue organization why do I have to play Santa while she takes pictures? Why can't she play Santa while I take pictures?

Then I remembered two important facts:
Fact One: She is the prosecuting attorney for Lake County. Not someone I want to upset.
Fact Two: She is actually more petite than I am. For her to play Santa is actually more comical than me playing Santa. Ironically enough, between the two of us, I am actually the more logical choice to play Santa.

All I can say is that this year, Santa Claws photos at the PetSmart should prove to be interesting. Hope that I can pull it off.

This, even I have got to see...

2 Comments:

Blogger William the Coroner said...

Umm, the Lake County prosecutor is a 5'10", middle aged man, named Chuck. I know him. More power to you,but I'm confused.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 6:11:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

William,
I might have her title mixed up. But I do know that she is an attorney working for Lake County. I will ask her proper title next time I speak to her. The woman's name is Isadora, does that ring a bell?

Don't suppose Chuck would like to play Santa???? Hey, if you know of anyone else who would like to play Santa, let me know. I am in desperate need of getting out of this.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 8:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page