Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Favorite typos

I have to confess that spelling is not my strongest skill. Never was. I like to blame it on the fact that I am bilingual and that I have two languages floating around in my brain. I don't know if there is any basis for that, but I still need something to blame it on.

Anyhow, this other graduate student in my lab and I are currently writing grants and a oral candidacy proposal. We are both under a lot of stress right now. To compound matters, we are both still trying to do experimental work as well. Not an easy thing to balance.

However, it would seem that in the midst of writing, certain typos are emerging over and over.

For me, it is conversation for conversion.

For him, it is incest for insert.

Neither words are caught by conventional spell checker, so we have to both be careful not to let those words slip by, or it could make for interesting reading by our reviewers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page