Monday, January 29, 2007

Cat Coffee

I am a bit of a coffee connoisseur. Perhaps I even go as far to say I am even a bit of a coffee snob. If I had the funds, I would buy bags and bags of Kona or even Jamaican Blue Mountain. Instead, Kona and Jamaican Blue Mountain are my occasional treat. I am also picky about how I prepare my coffee. The French Press maker is my prefered method of preparation. In a hurry, I will use an espresso maker. One way to make me shudder is to prepare a cup of coffee that has been pre-ground and put through an automatic drip coffee maker. In my opinon, the automatic drip does not fully bring out the nuances of the coffee beans and for some reason, seems to bring out the acidity tones a bit too much. Perhaps it is because the water is heated too high and destroys the other qualities that would normally balance out the acidity? I don't know, but I digress...

However, even Kona and Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee pales in comparison to the price of Kopi Luwak coffee. On average, it can cost around $300 or more per pound. Yet, even if I had unlimited funds, I think I would still pass on this coffee. And not because of the price.

Supposedly, Kopi Luwak coffee is considered the finest in the world by coffee connoisseurs. It offers a taste that is rich and chocolately. Although I love chocolate, and love the rich chocolately after taste of Sumatra coffee, I will still not allow Kopi Luwak to touch my lips.

Kopi Luwak coffee is coffee beans that have been passed through the digestive system of a cat like creature called the civet. The beans are "harvested" from the turds left by the civets after they have eaten the coffee cherries. For more information, look here.

I am sorry, but coffee beans or no coffee beans, anything that passes through a cat's digestive system is still cat sh**.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page