Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sometimes...

Yesterday I was in a rush to get to the lab. I had to finish the workup on this nitrite/nitrate assay that I was doing. I always get nervous and anxious with this assay because there are so many steps in doing it that is always easy to mess it up.

As a result, I forgot my lunch at home. I put it in a bag and accidentally grabbed the wrong bag as I headed out the door. My lunch was a nice pate with french bread. But leaving it at home was not the worst part. Oh no. Even the fact that the nice pate would likely spoil by the time I got back home. That was a minor issue as well. The main issue of this problem is that I have cats.

These same cats get into bread when I am not at home and nibble on it. I could only imagine what they would do to the french bread and the pate while I was gone. Most likely gorge themselves on it and then get tummy upset and puke pate vomit everywhere. I already was prepared for the worse scenario when I got home. I figured that the pate and french bread combo would have been eaten, smeared everywhere, and then puked on the cleanest areas of the house. I figured my house would stink to high heaven from pate vomit incubating all day.

But no. When I got home, all the cats were soundly asleep. The pate and bread was still untouched (although the pate had seen better days considering it had been left out all day). I could not believe my eyes. Apparently the cats had been sleeping ALL day in my absence and never discoverd the little treasure before them.

Sometimes cats will surprise you...

2 Comments:

Blogger William the Coroner said...

They're waiting to lull you into a false sense of security

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:41:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

William,

Of course they are. You can never let your guard down with them.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 7:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page