Monday, October 29, 2007

Diva

This week I follow through with a decision I have made. The decision to go back to music. It has been too long and my soul yearns to sing.

I originally started my music with the violin. But sadly, it was not meant to be. Although I love the violin, I think people would probably pay me not to play.

For a while, I was an organist. But my heart just did not seem to be in it. It was more my parents' decision for me to play the organ rather than my own. I would have preferred piano over organ, but I did enjoy it. I have very long flexible fingers and they are quite suited for a keyboard.

However, my real love was voice. Being a soloist. There was, and always has been something about making myself the instrument.

So, it is time. It is time for me to make that long overdue call to my past voice teacher. For I need some guidance. I can no longer ignore the constant nudging from others and myself to perform. Yet, I dare not take to the stage without some expert nurturing.

So, it is time to awaken that Diva inside of me.

I also make the promise to myself this time that I will not be so quick to dismiss the various paths and opportunities as I did a few decades ago.

This time, I throw practicality aside and let what is inside me soar.

However, I do need a bit of time to properly get over this cold virus of mine. Right now, I sound a bit more like a frog than a Diva of the stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page