Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Opera Voice


Gosh I like this shirt. I will just have to purchase it after the holidays to amuse myself. Aside from amusement, the shirt will also remind me to allow myself to go in the directions that my voice and heart take me.

I have to confess that one of the earliest things I learned in the course of voice lessons was how to project my voice. I was taught well. Being taught by an opera singer from Europe was to my advantage. I learned that you can never be sure you will have a properly functioning microphone for your performance. Compensate you must. And I can say, I have performed at times just fine without a microphone (as long as the venue was not too large).

One of my most cherished compliments given to me after a performance was, "I never realized such a powerful voice could come out of such a small body". When it comes to opera, size does not matter, at least for me. People have the misconception that you must be "large" to sing a powerful aria. Not so. It is all in the technique.

However, I will not be wearing this shirt the next time I perform an aria. I have other attire in mind for that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shay said...

Please tell me where you got this t-shirt. I need one for work that says "Please don't make me use my Marine voice."

Friday, January 04, 2008 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

The shirt I saw in a Signals catalogue (signals.com). I am not sure where you can find one about "Marine voice". Perhaps a google search. Or go to one of those custom T-shirt places.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page