Friday, March 28, 2008

Exploring in a new location.


So, I decided to make good on my astrology advice (see previous post) and do some exploring in a new location. I went to Home Depot.

Okay, the truth is that I needed to go to Home Depot rather than follow my astrology, but it does count as exploring in a new location.

Anyhow, I came across a line of products made by a company called TerraCycle.

They make fertilizers for Orchids called "Worm Poop". O-kay. Although I have heard about worm castings being used as fertilizer for some of the terrestrial orchids. They also put their products in recycled used soda bottles and such (I do like ecologically minded folks).

At any rate, if worm poop does become the new rage among horticulturists, perhaps I may consider making my own from earthworm castings and thus making my own "worm poop tea". But who knows, maybe by then, they will have concentrated worm poop that you can dilute and would probably be cheaper.

But I have two problems with this product. The first problem is I have gobs of fertilizer in the garage that I need to go through first. The second problem with it is that people frequently ask me questions about how I grow my orchids. I am not quite sure how I would tell people I use "Worm Poop" on them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miz Minka said...

Well, you probably should use up the fertilizer in the garage first.

But I bet your orchids would love worm castings! Just tell the inquiring minds that you use an "all natural enzymatic time-release fertilizer". If they press you for more details, tell them it's called Lumbricidae excrementis. :D

Friday, March 28, 2008 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger William the Coroner said...

The phrase night soil also comes to mind.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 6:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page