Monday, March 31, 2008

A winning sweep


I sent my orchids and photographs (of orchids) down to the Columbus Orchid Show. I am very pleased to report they have come back home with ribbons.

I won first, second, and third place for the photography class.

Three plants won two first place ribbons and one second place ribbon.

Overall, I would say my best win so far at an orchid show. I also seem to be known now as the lady with the "nice paphs".

Anyhow, the above is a picture of one of the orchids that won first place. The picture is from two years ago when it also won fist place. I think it is safe to say that the particular orchid is a good one. I must make a mental note not to try to kill it...

(Photographic credits to Thomas Koeck, 2006)

3 Comments:

Blogger William the Coroner said...

Congratulations. Just go easy on the worm poop.

Monday, March 31, 2008 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger Miz Minka said...

Szerencsekívánat! (I hope that's right.)

An orchid blossom is a thing of beauty... How wonderful to receive accolades for two things you're so passionate about!

And once you start using worm poop no one else will stand a chance at winning anymore. ;)

Monday, March 31, 2008 1:58:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

William,
Thanks!

Miz Minka,
Yes, you are right. Nagyon szépen köszönöm!

I think you are right, some worm poop will be just what will give me the winning edge! ;) Although the calcium and magnesium that was suggested to me might help as well. A diet with some worm poop, magnesium, and calcium. What more can an orchid ask for?

Monday, March 31, 2008 2:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page