Friday, November 07, 2008

Ares I

Miz Minka wrote this post about the Ares I rocket.

I have to confess that I feel somewhat privledged to know an individual working on the Ares I project. It is pretty cool to listen to him "talk shop" and I just passively sit there absorbing all the delightful information. Just last week over dinner we talked quantum mechanics. How cool is that?

NASA will be sending him down for the Ares I project--only fair since he is working on the project. Who knows, perhaps he will bring back cool footage for me to watch? At the very least, I can count on great conversation.

As I child, I have looked to the stars and let my imagination soar at the wonders beyond our world. When lost, I have used those very stars in the sky to navigate my way home. Now, I get to hear the cool stories (nothing confidental of course) behind our exploration of the stars.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miz Minka said...

Very cool indeed! BTW, I didn't write the article, I only posted the text of the email from KSC.

I once knew a guy who got to work on the Space Shuttle's robotic arm (his company manufactures materials for the arm). His stories about his visits to the Kennedy Space Center were absolutely fascinating!

I will never be an astronaut myself, but I do enjoy living vicariously through others who are somehow connected to space exploration. In a way I'm still "star struck" and always will be!

Friday, November 07, 2008 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Yes, Miz Minka, it is very cool.

I will always be "star struck" myself and be the dreamer looking at the skies.

Friday, November 07, 2008 1:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

my pet! Locations of visitors to this page